With 70 recreational trail miles available there are plenty of ways to see Plano! To report an issue with trail conditions, please use the Fix It Plano webpage or app.
- Citywide Park and Trail System Map (front)
- Citywide Park and Trail System Map (back)
- Find a Trail in Plano
- View the trail use guidelines
Emergency Trail Marker System
To improve trail safety and emergency access, the City of Plano is implementing a trail marker system that will aid first responders in case of emergency. Emergency response teams will now be able to determine exactly where on a trail they need to respond and how to best access that location. Signs will be posted alongside the trail approximately every 1/3 mile with a unique location identifier to ensure that trail users are always near an emergency marker. A pilot program to test the system’s effectiveness is being implemented along Chisholm Trail. Once the pilot program is evaluated, the system will then be expanded to other Plano trails.
Chisholm Trail Emergency Trail Marker Map
Chisholm Trail Emergency Trail Marker FAQ’s
Maps of each individual recreational trail are available. Choose the one you’d like to see or print:
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Trail System Opens a New Window. (varies)
- Bluebonnet Trail Opens a New Window. up to 8.3 miles one-way
- Chisholm Trail Opens a New Window. up to 5.5 miles one-way
- Legacy Trail Opens a New Window. up to 1.61 miles one-way
- Preston Ridge Trail Opens a New Window. up to 6.2 miles one-way
- Bob Woodruff Park/OPPNP/Santa Fe Trail Opens a New Window. up to 6.1 miles one-way
- Cottonwood Creek Greenbelt Opens in New Window up to 4.52 miles round trip
- Coyote Creek Opens in New Window 1/2 mile around loop
- Hoblitzelle Park Opens in New Window 1 mile around loop
- Old Shepard / Steeplechase / White Rock Opens in New Window up to 3.6 miles one-way
- Russell Creek Park Opens in New Window 2.52 miles around loop
- Shady Brook Trail Opens in New Window 1.8 miles one-way
- Willowcreek Opens in New Window up to 2.7 miles round trip
- Plano Bicycle Transportation Plan Opens a New Window.
- Six Cities Trail Plan Opens a New Window.
- Collin County Regional Trails Master Plan Opens a New Window.
Permanent Orienteering Course
Permanent Orienteering Course Opens a New Window. at Bob Woodruff Park*
*Please visit the North Texas Orienteering Association web site for information about the course.