Team Plano Careers
SERVE (our organizational values) What is most important to us is the acronym, SERVE (Stewardship Engaged Respectful Visionary Excellence). Each of these values do not have self at the center, but rather the interests of those we come in contact with on a daily basis.
Team Plano Member (City Employee): Part of a Team that cares and are committed to the people we work with and the community we SERVE. With Team Plano, every person matters, every job has a purpose and together we make a difference as we SERVE the City of Excellence.
Full-time Perks (the good stuff you get for working hard)
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional Work-Life Balance
- Up to three weeks each of sick and vacation leave each year
- Vacation buy-back available
- Nine paid City holidays
- Membership in the Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Employee contributions matched 2:1
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- Preventive/wellness visits
- 24/7 Nurse Hotline
- Medical Case Management/Nurse Navigator
- Discounted Copays
- No-cost biometric health screenings
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Hospital Gap Coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Basic Life insurance (up to 4 times annual salary provided by the City)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Half-price recreation center membership and free library card
- Tuition Assistance
- Longevity pay
Thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the City of Plano.
Applications are only accepted online and are accepted only for currently posted positions. Job opportunities are updated daily and are subject to close without notice.
Each applicant must set up an application profile with a current and accurate email address, so that you may receive confirmation and updates regarding your application. Human Resources does not maintain usernames or passwords. You must complete the entire application to be considered for the position to which you are applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Each position listed in our job openings includes minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications listed for a position will not be considered for employment.
It is the policy of the City of Plano to recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination because of race, religion, color, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, sex or age.
View links to other helpful information:
"Employee Only" positions as well as open positions should be applied for by logging into your PeopleSoft account. You must complete the entire application to be considered for the position which you are applying for.
Our online application process works best with Google Chrome, IE 11, Mozilla Firefox 12, Apple Mobile Safari or Google Chrome Mobile.