City of Plano - Homelessness Prevention Program:
The goal of this program is to help prevent homelessness with limited rent and utility assistance. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the scope of the program has been temporarily expanded to assist with mortgage and hotel payments for qualified applicants.
To apply, please call the Assistance Center of Collin County (972-422-1850)
|Referrals to non-profits can be provided for the following services:|
|o Rental assistance||o Utility assistance|
|o Employment||o Food|
|o Health services||o Money management|
|o Credit counseling|
The following services are provided to individuals experiencing homelessness:
- Temporary assistance for people experiencing homelessness in Plano recommended for COVID-19 isolation
- Shelter intake coordination
- Visiting homeless encampments when reported by City departments or the public
- One-on-one housing assessment and referral
- During COVID-19 emergency, all services are being provided telephonically. Please call 972-208-8150 for assistance
- Every Wednesday from 2:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Harrington Library - 1501 18th St. Plano, TX 75074 (Temporarily suspended, will resume after COVID-19 emergency)
- As needed, at local hospitals admitting homeless individuals (temporarily suspended, will resume after COVID-19 emergency)
- Street Outreach
- Beginning in 2020, every other month at various locations across the City in coordination with Police, mental health workers and volunteers.
- Homeless Care Package Collection
HHSP Rapid Rehousing Program:
This program provides financial assistance and wrap-around services to aide families and individuals who are ready to obtain permanent/stable housing and prevent further episodes of homelessness. Learn more about Rapid Rehousing Program Opens in New Window .
To apply, please contact RRH Case Manager, Mackenzie Harrington-Bain, LMSW at 469-562-3279 (cell), 469-808-0999 (office), or email@example.com Opens in New Window
For assistance with the above services or programs, please call 972-208-8150. Opens in New Window
Housing and Community Services Manager
P: (972) 208-8150
Joint Use Facility
7501-A Independence Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75025
P.O. Box 860358
Plano, TX 75086-0358