United Electronic Recycling, LLC
Our partner, United Electronic Recycling, LLC (UER), provides professional, efficient recycling services to residents, small and large businesses, and educational organizations of Collin County, North Texas and Oklahoma. United Electronic Recycling:
- Accepts all computer-related equipment, printers, audio and video equipment, consumer electronics, cell phones, and TVs*. View a complete list of what products UER accepts Opens a New Window. .
- Has a ZERO landfill or incinerator initiative! They are in full compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) for identity theft certification, by Federal Mandate and enforced by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Offers corporate services including secure data erasure, hard drive shredding, asset recovery, and Certificate of Destruction.
- Provides pick-up of bulk amounts of equipment to businesses and schools.
- Residential Pick-Ups are available upon request, please contact UER for Logistical Costs/Fees.
*There is a disposal fee of $5 for printers, faxes and copiers, $10 for CRT monitors and $25 for all televisions when dropped off at recycling events. UER cannot accept TVs, LCD and/or CRT monitors with broken screens. Contact UER for more details Opens a New Window. .
Electronics Recycling Event Schedule
|First Saturday of every month||First United Methodist Church|
3160 E Spring Creek Parkway
Plano, TX 75074
|9 a.m. to Noon|
|Second Saturday of every month||St. Andrew United Methodist Church|
5801 W Plano Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
Located in back parking lot
|9 to 11 a.m.|
|Third Saturday of every month||Christ United Methodist Church|
3101 Coit Road
Plano, TX 75075
|9 to 11 a.m.|
Why Recycle Electronics?
"Bigger, better, faster" means millions of tons of old computers and entertainment systems become obsolete and end up in landfills every year. That’s a lot of wasted space! Electronics also contain toxic chemicals (like lead, mercury, and cadmium) that contaminate soil and water if left in the landfills. For more information or questions, contact Environmental Waste Services Customer Service via email or at 972-769-4150.
Texas law requires any manufacturer of televisions or computers that want to sell their products in Texas to provide recycling opportunities to their consumers at no additional cost. Click on the lists below for more information on free manufacturer programs available for recycling computers and televisions.