Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Plano Public Library COVID 19
July 8, 2020- facilities closed for general use
Service Hours: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Current Services Available
- 2 hour computer reservations, library card required, scheduled in advance, call us (instructions for process and schedule)
- New library card processing takes 2-3 days from the time you apply online, and you will be contacted regarding your application
- External Bookdrops for returns, items quarantined for 72 hours, expect some account delay, no impact to borrowing privileges
- All items are checked out for three (3) weeks
- Porch side pickup of materials (see process and times here)
- Access to digital resources (e-books, e-newspapers, e-magazines, e-audio and databases)
- Book a Librarian and Telephone Reference (email)
- Online programs for all ages (Calendar)
- Donations not being accepted
The service expansion for July 6, 2020 has been postponed
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items Return
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items Return is available porch side at all libraries Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Computer Access Appointment Process
Starting June 1, 2020 Library card holders will be able to schedule appointments to use computers in the library. Appointments are booked in advance for two (2) hours and limited to one session per day.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have received questions from our community regarding what services are available while the library is closed.
Access the Library Online
During the health emergency, access to online resources will be provided even if your account has overdue items. Use your library card to download eBooks and eAudiobooks with Libby, Overdrive and RBdigital. Downloadable Magazines are available from Flipster and RBdigital and Newspapers through PressReader on RBdigital. Stream award-winning films for adults and kids with Kanopy. Use our databases to learn a new language, find information on businesses and learn new skills.
Summer days are long. You can access over 100 eMagazines online with your Plano Library card. Read on...
Artist Brenda McKinney’s work showcases handmade mandalas. McKinney was an 18st AIRSpace artist in residence with Plano Public Library. She put her artwork on exhibit at Davis Library in 2020. Read on...
Discover new series, new authors, and great reads with a set of preselected titles. Book Bundles are chosen to provide variety based on reading level. Read on...
Through the generosity of the W. O. Haggard, Jr. family, in 1986, the City acquired a 6-acre site for a third library facility. The 40,000 square feet W.O. Haggard, Jr. Library opened in May 1989 with a collection of 41,000 volumes. The 20,000 square foot basement was unfinished. In 1996 10,000 square feet of the basement was finished to house library administration and technical services. In 2001 a bond election passed, providing $3.53 million to expand the circulation and children's areas and parking lot. The Haggard Library closed in July 2004 for the expansion. Another bond election passed in May 2005, providing two million dollars for relocation of the Genealogy Center from Harrington Library to Haggard Library as well as fixtures and furnishings. The library reopened in December 2005 with 40,000 square feet on three floors.
- Art Exhibit Space
- Computer Classes
- Copier & Printing Services (cost)
- Digital Creation Space (ages 13 & up)
- Fax - outgoing (cost)
- Genealogy Center
- Meeting Spaces for Rent
- Quiet Rooms
- Wi-Fi (requires a Plano Public Library card)