Permits - Alcohol

The City Secretary’s office processes requests for Off- Premise Wine and Beer Retailer's Permits (BQ), On-Premise Wine and Beer Retailer’s (with Food and Beverage Certificate) Permits (BG), on-Premise Mixed Beverage (with Food and Beverage Certificate) Permits (RM), and Package Store Permits.

Ordinance No. 2005-5-15 includes details regarding distance requirements.
Ordinance No. 2005-7-8 provides information regarding late-hour permitting.

To obtain a City of Plano Alcohol Permit, applicants can obtain a prequalification packet for certification from the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission (TABC) website.

Applications are turned in to the City Secretary’s Office Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. for city approval.

For information about licenses and permit descriptions visit TABC. For questions regarding prequalification packets, please contact TABC.

Primary Licensing Office

Arlington Regional Office - Licensing and Enforcement/Audit and Investigations Personnel
 2225 East Randol Mill Road, Suite 200
 Arlington, TX 76011
 Fax: 817-607-2492
 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday

Primary Enforcement/Audit and Investigations Office

McKinney Outpost - Enforcement Personnel Only
 825 North McDonald, Ste 180
 McKinney, TX 75069
 Fax: 972-547-5093
 7:30 a.m. - 12 noon, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday

One originally signed packet is adequate unless otherwise requested. Be sure to have documents notarized prior to submitting for processing.

Information will be forwarded to the City of Plano Building Inspections Department to ensure distance requirements are met. Please allow three business days for processing of paperwork.

City fees for alcohol permits are half the amount of the state required fees. All fees are payable upon receipt of certification in cash, check or money order.